I pulled together the components I wanted to use and outlined the reliquary base on my background paper. I actually used the top piece for the outline so I could see how the finished paper would look. As it turned out, barely any showed through but that's not always the case. Anyway... I cut it out and fine tuned with snips here and there so it didn't poke out between layers.
Since I wanted a hanger on the back, I punched a hole for future addition of the hanger.
Matte medium attached the paper to the reliquary base. Next step was to paint things black: front piece of the arch, the inside edge and back of the base, and the fleur-de-lis.
You can see in this next photo that I painted the inside edges of the base so the base paper didn't show through the top piece scallops.
The next thing was to add the hanger and the only embellishment to go between the layers. Once the bee paper was on I glued the reliquary pieces together and clamped to keep them as tight as possible.
Also in this photo you can see I started the gold paint layering on the fleur-de-lis.
Next I added the fence, flowers, and finished fleur-de-lis. The fence needed to be clamped while the glue set.
The last step was to add the final embellishments!
Thanks for visiting today! I hope our daily projects help inspire your Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts projects.
GSL Cuts Used
Reliquary Arch #D8A
Other Materials Used
Graphic 45 "French Country" collection
Liquitex black acrylic paint
Ranger Glue and Seal
Ranger Glossy Accents
Ranger Distress Collage Medium
Stickles Diamond, Waterfall, Paprika, Clear Rock Candy