Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Queen Of Last Minute Altered Wood Block

Hello hello! I always say I do my best work at the last minute. The pressure of a looming deadline certainly focuses me. The irony of this altered wood block isn't lost on me... see, I started it some time in 2013, I think. When did I finish it? Last month. Yup. April 2015.

Vintage tatting and watch parts. He head is a sprung watch spring!

These parts swirl around the clock face, as if time doesn't matter...

The queen likes her lacy bits

As time goes by...



The papers are from Tim Holtz's first paper pack. You know, from way back when. The body form is a Sizzix die and I think the wings were traced from a grungeboard cutout. The base is custom colored with about 5 different paints.

Thanks for your visit today! As always, I'm just on the other end of your keyboard if you have any questions about this or *any* construction or materials. I love to share!

Cheers,
Susan

No comments: