Monday, April 21, 2014

Hummingbird Altered Block

Hiya! I have a new altered block to share today, made from Graphic 45's Botanical Tea paper. 


I cut around the hummingbirds in a general way, then used Mod Podge to adhere it to light cardboard. (Also know as a cereal box.) I then stuck both of those to a pattered scrap to coordinate the back of the wings. Once dried, I used a sharp X-Acto knife and a lot of patience to cut through the thickness. (And ended up white washing the backs anyway, so the stripes don't show much. Ha!) See how I wrapped the background paper around the side? I like the effect.


The base is an old wood knob found at a thrift store, painted coral and a bit of ivory. The rosette is just a 1/2" x 12" strip of paper from the collection scored at 1/4" intervals.

Thanks for visiting today!

Cheers,
Susan

No comments: