Monday, January 16, 2012

Ribbon Organization, Anyone?

Hiya crafty folks! I turned the studio upside down this weekend and am trying to put it back together. This organizational bug bites me a couple times a year; sometimes it's over little things, sometimes over big. This weekend was big.

One problem I've never been able to solve is ribbon and lace storage. There's so much in bins, boxes and jars! Today I found this gorgeousness, thanks to a Google "ribbon organization" image search. It's so fabulous I had to share!


It's on a 2008 Making Memories blog post about organization - click to see each studio and loads of ideas! The shelf is 6" deep and perfect for the ribbon jars I already use. I have a perfect space behind a door for a narrower version of this - I wonder if Husband would be willing to make it for me? I would be SO HAPPY!

I'll post photos of the studio when it's done (without the as-yet-unmade shelves, of course). I'm pretty happy with many my organizational ideas these days and could use your help on others. :) Tonight Husband is installing a couple of wall shelves for project display (mostly awesome swaps and stuff I can't give up) as well as the Making Memories Embellishment Center thingy.

How do you organize your ribbons?

Cheers,
Susan

2 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Thank goodness for hubbies that are willing to create things for our scrap space. Can't wait to see pics of the completed room (and your new ribbon storage shelves) Mine are in boxes and in a little cabinet and some hanging from clips. What a mess!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Great post, good idea. Once you start with these areas you can't quit and then you can't find it until you get use of the new way. Have fun