Monday, October 31, 2011

TBS DT: Tilda Has A Crush

Hiya crafty friends! Hope your weekend was spectacular. I know a couple of us on The Beary Scrap design team got hit with snow. Ack! Luckily, I only had rain and howling winds. Appropriate for today's festivities, right?

Many folks are observing the High Holy Day of Chocolate, otherwise known as Halloween. The sad thing about all of this is no matter what costume you wear, all those gooey, drippy, melty, crunchy calories will still find your hips!

For my last Double or Nothing challenge project, I decided to use two Magnolia stamps. Poor Edwin is so caught up in his lights that he doesn't suspect Tildas ambush behind the tree! She's sweet on him. Aww...


The tree is made from a lot of single punches of a Martha Stewart branch punch. It's been a few years since I've made this type of tree and forgot how much I love the dimension. Neat, huh? The papers are from the My Mind's Eye 12 Days of Christmas 6x6 pad. I colored our little friends with Prismacolor pencils and Stickles... loads of Stickles! I used Waterfall, Candy Cane, Yellow, Crystal, Star Dust and Lavender.

Thanks so much for visiting today! There's still a wee bit of time to enterour challenge. You could win a $20 gift voucher to The Beary Scrap. Good luck!

By the way, have you seen the gorgeous new Tim Holtz Seasonal Distress Inks?


The Beary Scrap will soon have this 3-pack of Fall colors *and* the Winter pack. We don't know the colors for the Winter pack yet, but I'll bet they will be beautiful! There's a limited supply, so be sure to keep an eye out!

***
In other news, it should be a busy week here at the Killam Creative blog. I have a few things to show you on Thursday, one of which is a cool "chunky Halloween house" I made for an extra-special swap on Craftster. My ability to post about it depends on when she receives it, which *should* be Wednesday.

I have also finished this acrylic album. The pages in that post have been reworked a bit for a more polished look. I took a passel photos today and if everything came out well, I'll be able to post here and add to my Etsy shop. I started the album on a whim and learned a lot along the way. I look forward to making a few more since I already have supplies for them, but it will be a limited run. :)

Cheers,
Susan

2 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous, gorgeous card Susan love the sweet couple and what an amazing tree.
luv
Debby

Anne said...

What! Such a fun card, with Edwin trying to hang the lights, and sweet Tilda. Love the tree, what a great idea. So nice colors, brads and papers. :)