Hello dear friends! Thanks for visiting me. Today I have our latest DZ Doodles Challenge for you.
The DZ Doodles design team was challenged this week to create a project with the distressing technique. I've dabbled a little with it in the past with decent results. On this card I decided to "kick it up a notch". I had tears in the paper and my edges were rougher than ever before... then I added another layer and it covered up a lot. *grin* Still, I'm pretty happy with the results! I also distressed some edges with ink - a "must-do" on all my projects!
This darling little girl is the "Easter Bonnet" digi. Her hat and basket are popped up, and I added Stickles glitter on the hat, her collar, and the basket ribbon for a little "umfph". :)
I'm in love with Cosmo Cricket papers! This is from the Early Bird collection, called Farmer's Market. I used a sketch challenge for this card and needed at sentiment. I knew I wanted a tag, so I just printed my sentiment on card stock and traced the tag shape. I think I should have layered it or distressed the edges... it needs "something" down in that bottom right corner. Maybe I'll fill it in with a pearl swirl - I'm open to suggestions!
Oh, and the lace is sewn on - after I sewed the edges all around, I folded over the edge of the lace and slowly sewed straight across. As I went, I scrunched it up to give it the ruffled look.
So now it's YOUR turn to show us your distressing technique! Here's how:
- Make any kind of project using a DZ DOODLES image
- Link it up at our DZ Doodles Design Team blog
- Deadline to enter is Monday, April 5th @ 12 midnight
- Sketch and Stash #32 - Sketch - my "stash" is CC paper, leaves punched with a new tool and the eyelet added with my shiny new Crop-A-Dile II. OMG! What a great tool!
- PaperPlay Challenge #12 - Easter
- Stampin' for the Weekend #35 - Easter
- Fussy and Fancy #7 - Easter
- Crafty Calendar #6 - Flower Power
- Creative Card Crew #47 - Vintage/Aged
- Cute Card Thursday #105 - Dimension
- Papertake Weekly - Open Theme
- Simon Says Challenge - It's So Distressing
- Stamp: DZ Doodles Easter Bonnet
- Paper: Cosmo Cricket Early Bird
- Medium: Prismacolor Pencils w/OMS, Stickles, Colorbox chalk ink
- Embellishments: MS leaf punch, Prima flowers, lace, really old quilting pins, pearls
I really appreciate that you're here, and hope you have a great day!