Saturday, September 12, 2009

My First Sketch Challenge!





This is my first attempt at a sketch challenge! The challenge is from Chelsea at Crafting Life's Pieces and the image is from Mo's Digital Pencil Too. Running over to enter it in the challenge before it's too late - more details in a bit!

Ok, that's done. Now for my thoughts on this card full of "firsts".

I've really wanted to work with my Prismacolor pencils and found this fabulous stamp from Mo. Oh my - if you haven't checked her art out yet, RUN don't walk, over there! There are so many fabulous images that are different and unique. I know I'll be buying a ton more!

With this challenge we were allowed to move the elements around a bit, so I did.


The fairy is triple layered, with 1/8" pop dots between the layers. The wand is my almost-exact replica of the original stamp's drawn lines, and the star is from the original drawing. Her wings, shawl, sash, lips and nails are painted with Lumiere paint, and the rest is colored in with Prismacolor pencils. (I need a lot more practice!) I heat set the printed image since early attempts smeared even with a dry pencil (before the OMS came into it).

The circle is blue vellum that was embossed, inked on the edges and then spritzed with Glimmer Mist. It's very different in person than in these photos, though. I like the overall subtle effect but need to work more on a finished edge. Most of the flowers were spritzed with Glimmer Mist and some have Swarovski crystal centers.

Don't forget to pop on over to Chelsea's and see the other great entries - I'm in fabulous company!

Thanks for stopping in!

Susan

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Hi Susan! You did a wonderful job coloring this image. I'm so happy and honor that you've chosen my challenge to play for your first sketch challenge! Thank you so much! I've added a thumbnail image of this card under the challenge. Please join in whenever you have time.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)Chelsea

Heather Huggins said...

Wow super job!! I love Mo's images!! Thanks for hopping yesterday!!